We are seeking a highly motivated individual to fill our open Fabrication Technician position. This person would perform all fabrication processes in the manufacture of precision lenses and other optics elements.
- Perform manual and CNC assisted grinding and lapping of precision sphere lenses and plano diameter from 2-350mm.
- Set up, operate, and maintain fabrication CNC Machine and other equipment.
- Take measurements using drop gauges, calipers, spherometers, micrometers and variance style indicators.
- Safe operation of diamond saw for glass cutting.
- Able to follow procedures for CNC and non-CNC equipment.
- Interpret and comprehend lens specifications from blue prints, drawings work orders and verbal instructions.
- Working through problems and coming up with solutions using the tools provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong math skills are required. (Geometry mainly but Trigonometry especially helpful.)
- Experience or training in manufacturing, machining or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience with CNC machining is a plus.
- Basic computer skills such as use of the Microsoft software suite and safe computer use habits in general are highly desired.
- You should be comfortable working around solvents, machinery, and in a moderately noisy environment and occasional acrid scents.
- Ability to multi-task, keen attention to detail, possess excellent hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity and spatial skills due to the handling of extremely delicate parts.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate with co-workers and staff.