We offer an extensive range of beam expanders including high power, low power, large aperture, achromatic (dual wavelength), apochromatic, manual zoom, and motorized variable zoom beam expanders covering wavelengths from UV to the IR.
Special Optics’ high performance laser beam expanders feature:
- diffraction limited designs with expansion ratios from 2X to 40X
- input apertures of 1.3 mm to 20mm and large output clear apertures of 1.3 mm to over 100mm
- high transmission, low wavefront distortion, specified at single and dual wavelengths from 248nm to 1550nm
- damage thresholds are typically 500MW/cm2
These Galilean design beam expanders provide an adjustable focus for collimation at varying wavelengths, and to control divergence correction and focusing. They are adaptable for complex applications requiring increased power density at the focal point, beam guidance over long distance, dual wavelengths (1064nm and 532nm), high power laser energy, and large aperture needs.
- Typically aluminum construction to minimize thermal distortion
- Designed to be rugged and self-supporting
- Easy to use
- Provide accurate, unobstructed expansion for any collimated input source.
Custom Beam Expanders
Special Optics is also able to provide custom beam expanders optimally tailored to suit your exact needs. Customized beam expanders can be produced to provide lower wavefront distortions, different expansion ratios, higher transmissions and damage thresholds and even larger output beam diameters. Custom systems have been designed to provide output beam diameters of over 200mm as well as input beam diameters that exceed 100mm.
Applications for Laser Beam Expanders include:
- Laser Micromachining / Laser Processing
- Laser Structuring of Foils
- Laser Scribing
- Cutting of Solar Cells
- Micro Drilling
- Laser Marking
- Lidar Systems
- Beam Condensing
- Remote Sensing
- Propagation Studies
- Collimation of Laser Harmonics
- Collimation of High Power Lasers