Special Optics specializes in the design and manufacture of microscope objective lenses. Our designs span working distances of 0.3mm to 55mm, cover wavelengths from visible (390-750nm) to near infrared (700-1400nm) and can be modified for aqueous, oil and vacuum environments with housing of stainless, ultem or titanium.
Examples of specialty objective lenses include:
- TIRF objectives with top numerical apertures
- Objectives with high transmission around 350 nm for laser microdissection
- Special objectives for patch-clamp applications on vital brain sections allowing measurements of individual ion channels using an inert dip-in objective
- Infrared-optimized multiphoton objectives for the visualization of deep-lying neuronal tissue sections
- Water, glycerol and multi-immersion objectives with the correct refraction index for the sample medium for aberration-free imaging of thicker samples
Please contact us with questions on the available designs below or to discuss your unique requirements.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORY: Special Optics designed and developed a set of three custom lenses used in the new IsoView light-sheet microscope developed by Philipp Keller and Raghav Chhetri of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Keller Lab in 2015. The IsoView incorporates highly specialized microscope objectives, f-theta scan lenses and illumination tube lenses from Special Optics.